MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread Ratings--Need to Delete Them
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We don't want the thread ratings in our forums.

I've found the page on which the changes would obviously be made, and here's the code:

<td align="center" class="{$bgcolor}" id="rating_table_{$thread['tid']}">
		<ul class="star_rating{$not_rated}" id="rating_thread_{$thread['tid']}">
			<li style="width: {$thread['width']}%" class="current_rating" id="current_rating_{$thread['tid']}">{$ratingvotesav}</li>
		</ul>
		<script type="text/javascript">
		<!--
			Rating.build_forumdisplay({$thread['tid']}, { width: '{$thread['width']}', extra_class: '{$not_rated}', current_average: '{$ratingvotesav}' });
		// -->
		</script>
	</td>

How would I go about changing that code to simply make the thread ratings nonexistent?
You don't need to edit any code, it's a setting in the settings for each forum... see this: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-41394.html
(2009-09-01, 10:51 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need to edit any code, it's a setting in the settings for each forum... see this: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-41394.html

Matt...I'm sorry. I looked in that thread and have no idea what you're talking about. What and where is PHPMyAdmin? I'm running 1.4.8, as a newbie. I don't see this anywhere. Has it, perhaps, been changed since you posted that thread?

I think I could manage the rest, if I knew where to find PHPMyAdmin.

Thanks.
Phpmyadmin Is the mysql manager found in your hosting panel
Oh, I understand. I'll go through this tomorrow, when I'm rested and can think straight. Thanks for your help.
Thank you, Matt, for the referral to the other thread in answer to my first question, which I didn't fully understand.

Thank you, Lyndon, for the answer to my second question.

Though I wasn't really quite sure how to run the query once I was in the SQL Admin panel, I did manage to figure that out (with all my fingers and toes crossed--my eyes, too, for good measure).

Then I did the easy ACP part, and it worked as directed.

Thank you both so much. We are now thread-rating free in both forums.