MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upload attachments but nothing happens
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have just move a forum from one host to another with a corresponding change in domain name. I switched over the cookies settings, forum location and the like to the new address. Everything is working fine except attachments. It goes thru all the motions to add/upload an attachment but nothing shows. The upload folder is empty. I have tried new post/thread and editing to add attachment, does the same thing. Have tried .pdf ; .jpg ; .txt with no luck.

I ran all maintenance items, rebuilt/recount, ect. Folder permissions are all correct. No error is kicked back while "uploading" or afterward.

From searching the problem appears similar to this thread, except that I cannot go and edit posts to add attachments.

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-38088-page-1.html?

Anyone have any ideas for me? I am running out.

edit: additional info: I decided to try and upload a file bigger than the max_size directive to see what it would do. It did successfully produce the error for too big of file. Might be of some help.

second edit, more info: I changed the uploads folder in admincp settings to one that did not exist to see if this would produce an error, it did not.

Ok, maybe another hint toward the issue.

Who's online reads my IP as the server's IP. Hmmm.
How big is your max file size? You might want to increase this via the .htaccess and try again.
Can we have your URL and a test account??
Actually I resolved the issue. Well not resolved, but found the cause. It has to do with the host and the use of my own domain name. When you use your own domain name rather than their subdomain it blocks your uploading temp permissions resulting in effectively an upload to nowhere.

I've tested a MyBB workaround, need a little cookie trick, but I will start a new thread for that.