MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Template question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, this is probably the stupidest question asked here yet. But how do I make a new template? I'm NOT asking how do I make a template or how do I skin a forum, I know how. But with MyBB I just don't know how I can make a duplicate of the default board template so that I don't have to mess around with the original one and screw it up in case someone wants to use my custom forum skin or the default one.

I already made the new theme by making a clone of the original MyBB theme, but I don't know know how to make a clone of the default MyBB template.

I hope what I said makes sense, I am confused as hell right now.
This should be simple, but it's like friggen rocket science.

Edit: okay, I finally figured it out.

But now for some reason I can't get one of my custom themes to go with a custom template. It keeps making all of the themes associated with the 'Default Templates' and doesn't give me the option to make a theme go with a custom template of mine.

Like right now under a custom template of mine, it says this:
Quote:This template set is currently not associated to any themes.

It can be removed at any time.
Well, I can't find where I am supposed to go to 'associate' one of my custom themes with that template.
AndyM3 Wrote:Well, I can't find where I am supposed to go to 'associate' one of my custom themes with that template.

Admin CP --> Themes --> Modify / Delete --> *Edit your theme*

Look for the setting:
Template Set
Select the name of the template set you wish to use for this theme.
Oops. I never thought about looking there. :|
I was thinking that nothing would be in there but CSS settings and stuff.

Thanks Dennis. Smile
You're welcome Smile