MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User Stars Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:User Stars
If you enter a number of stars and the location of a star image, this star image will be shown for this particular user group. If you want to use different star images for different themes, please use {theme} to represent the image directory of each theme.

How can I make it so that 0 stars appear for a custom usergroup? Is it a bug that you can't do it or is it intended?

If I empty the image and leave the parameters blank then the star images display empty missing images. Something ain't right but until I post a bug report I'd like some feedback on how people think it should work.

I don't want stars to display for custom groups.
Just put "0" in the box? Works for me.
I think that isn't a bug, as the star image represents an asterisk on postbit.. not quite sure.. Smile

If you don't want to show star image, leave # of Stars to "0" and leave blank the Star image path..
then, adjust your user titles whether you want to add images to newbie, junior and etc.. Smile this steps will only show your usergroup image WITHOUT a star image.. Smile but the star will be shown up if you check the user profile of a member..

thank you,
Andrew
The fact that when you leave them blank it defaults to user ranks I wouldn't call a bug.

However the fact that when you set them to 0 it defaults to user ranks I would. Technically wouldn't it mean that there are no stars at all on that users profile...?

Blank = Default
0 = No Stars
0 != no stars...that's what I am saying. I can't get no stars to display.

So if this is something at my site I'll have to take a look into it. It appears that I have issues either related to upgrading from 1.2x or from using upgrade packages which often have had flaws in the files. I'll look deeper into it. I see here that you don't have stars Polarbear..I gotta find out what's up.

btw..my parameter doesn't allow it to be blank. It will default to a zero.
you mean it showing some asterisk when you replace it to zero? or whatsoever character it is.. Smile
No it will display the default stars for the regular post rank.

Ahhh..got it finally..I had to delete the image path and set it 0. I thought just being 0 was enough but apparently it requires both. Hmm..I guess that makes sense. Thanks to those that commented.
lol Big Grin you havent mentioned that there is still the image path (which really need to be remove when setting image numbers to "0").. thats why im confuse.. Big Grin okay, bro! enjoy Toungue
I think I was sorta confusing my self there...

(2009-09-02, 07:36 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I see here that you don't have stars Polarbear..

I didn't actually notice that :p
(2009-09-03, 07:28 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't actually notice that :p

We're star-less... Sad
Pages: 1 2