MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB101 Tube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Fellow MyBB users.

On youtube I saw a vBulletun101 and they made some real choppy videos. So I looked around and I couldn't help to notice that we have so very little videos about MyBB. So then I round up some ideas that could help MyBB in advance by making a youtube channel.

If you guys would like to contribute please email me a video at this spam protected address in the code box below and your video will be shown and uploaded on the channel, by tomorrow I'll make a PowerPoint presentation using Camtasia for the opening/featuring video for MyBB101.

Please note, when you do send me a video please share your username at the MyBB Community and your MyBB URL as it will be in the description box for credits. Must have the video 10 minutes or under, or unless it needs to be in 2 parts.

That E-mail address: (Slashes are used for spam protection only.)
s/p/i/e/l/d/u/d/e@/hot/mail/./com

What is this for?
Isn't "101" obvious enough? No? Um Okay. Well MyBB 101 is for people to learn virtually instead of ruining their eye sockets reading all these long @$$ tutorials.

Ah man, is this one of your CRAZY ideas again MadZula Man!? lol
Maybe if you think that. But seriously I think if people contribute we will see a increasing of people using MyBB instead of "that other forum software."

http://www.youtube.com/user/MyBB101

Hope you enjoy!
why not create a whole site with video tutorials?
you could also set it up that anyone can upload video tutorials to the site
(2009-09-03, 12:32 AM)MadZula Man Wrote: [ -> ]What is this for?
Isn't "101" obvious enough? No? Um Okay. Well MyBB 101 is for people to learn virtually instead of ruining their eye sockets reading all these long @$$ tutorials.

What long lime tutorials?

First I'm going to say good job as it is a good thing but well I'm going to criticize you and some others most likely Toungue.

If they can't follow the tutorial in the wiki they aren't ready to run a forum. That's just my belief though.
Agreed Netsage. You need basic knowledge. Being walked through can't be good.
Well the lot is still open I'm getting that power point done today.

shaks786 Wrote:you could also set it up that anyone can upload video tutorials to the site

Yes but I'll need to spend lots of money on a VPS to run a Video streaming site.

So why choose YouTube out of all video streaming sites? Obvious, its to share with the world, some people might not want to sign up at MyBB Community, they probably want to download and upload to their site as quick as possible. Since youtube is the leading place for all those great type of videos, then here it is.

Not only that video tutorials or more explainable, and more helpful then reading. Since some readable tuts come confused and waste valuable time asking simple questions about it.