MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: All user subscribe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I use MyBB for a knowledgebase system.

Is there a way to ensure that all users are subscribed to all threads/forums permanently, so that they receive email alerts when any activity takes place?

Thanks

Bluehorizon
The closest you can do is set them to subscribe to all threads they post in automatically; subscribing to all threads or forums automatically isn't possible by default. You also need to consider mail limits, you might end up sending out thousands of emails a day, for stuff people might not want, and it's against the law in some countries to do that. If it happened to me I'd either send all emails to a black-hole address or just leave the forum, but maybe that's just me...

Also this isn't Merge System support, moved to correct forum.
Matt,

Thanks for the quick reply.

By way of explanation re mail limits etc, it's being used for an 'internal' company knowledgebase with about 20 employees and so is not open to anyone else. Users have asked to be mailed when there are any updates.

Regards

Bluehorizon
I also want to to know how to do step by step please
If you want it for every new post regardless of whether they've posted in the thread you'll need a plugin as there's no way to do it by default, I'll move this to requests.
I would like a user setting for subscribing to the entire board, just not separate forums. I guess that's along the lines of the original posters intentions here.

I understand the unreasonability in large forums, but there are several small, internal forums that would benefit from this; I'm managing two, where this setting would be used by most users.
If anyone ends up on this thread after a search (as I did), the situation as of July 2011 is that Matt wrote a plugin for automatic subscription:

http://mods.mybb.com/view/automatic-subscriptions