MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AutoMedia 4.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have installed this wonderful plugin and tested it. It works well with YouTube and a FLV file. But, one small yet significant problem is as follows:

When clicking on the video (black screen with |> icon to play), it plays a short clip and then it returns to the black screen.

It uses JW Player for flv files? How did it detect a flv player (I see only automedia.php and lang file)? Is there a way I can use Flowplayer instead?

Thanks
AutoMedia 1.1.5 released.

First of all thank you for your feedback und suggestions and sorry for my lack of presence but in the last months my job left me almost no time and there is no end in sight.
Hence I didn't (and don't) have much time for working on the plugin and testing it so if you come across any bugs please report them here.

AutoMedia 1.1.5 - what's new?
-revised install & activate function
-cURL status in plugin list only visible if cURL isn't available
-embedding can be deactivated in signatures
-several embedding codes updated
-14 new sites supported
-new flash player included for embedding .flv and .mp3 files
-new language files
-embedding flash files (flv, swf) can be allowed for admins or admins/mods only
-size for embedded flash files (flv, swf) can be set in ACP
-AutoMedia adds a MyCode button for disabling embedding if you have the "Toolbar Container" plugin installed ( http://mods.mybboard.net/view/toolbar-container )

How to upgrade from 1.1.4?
-Upload the complete folders "inc" and "mediaplayer" into your forum home directory and overwrite the existing plugin files.
For additional languages you have to upload new language files too.
-Go to your AdminCP and deactivate the plugin in "Configuration - Plugins".
-Activate the plugin again
You have to upload the new files first before you deactivate the plugin! Otherwise you will lose your individual settings!

Download:
http://mods.mybboard.net/download/automedia (awaiting validation)

More information and alternative download
Well, now with the new version, the video doesn't show. It shows a URL link. Now I tried to restore the older version but I'm losing it and I cannot find the older version.

Feedback: I personally prefer using MyCode to tell the video to display as well has having a control. E.g. [allvid]http:... [/allvid] or something. More control over what to display.

I'm using both plugins: one (yours) for all linked videos and the other plugin for linking to my flv videos using Flowerplayer (which does not return to black blank screen after playing).
Update:

I found the older version still in the download folder and restored. In version 1.4, the video (YoutTube) shows URL instead of video. So I deactivated the ShadowBox plugin that I just installed and activated it again.

In version 1.4, the video shows back and it works. I haven't tried the new version yet.
With the new version flv's and swf's are only shown by default if the post was made by an admin.
To change the setting go to ACP - Configuration - AutoMedia Global - set "Permission for embedding of flash files" to "All Users"
can we upgrade or do we have to disable and delete all files prior then put new files ?
Thanks
Yes you can update from 1.1.4 without losing your settings.
Just upload both folders, overwrite the old plugin files, after that go to your ACP, deactivate (not uninstall) the plugin and activate it again to add the new settings.
im getting null errors now?
mediaplayer folder do i take out whats in it and put it in root?
(2010-02-26, 02:36 AM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]mediaplayer folder do i take out whats in it and put it in root?
No you have to put the whole mediaplayer folder in the forum root.
Otherwise the plugin won't find the player.

[Image: 8xkkdg.jpg]
right, but it now gives NULL errors in 'new thread / new reply' ( once i go back to 1.1.4 its fine ) Sad
Unfortunately without the entire error message I can't say anything about it. Sad