MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok,
after a hours of customizing, and working on converting from phpbb to mybb, I finaly erase PHPBB and start using MYBB on my web site.

Everything works fine during test period, where only administrators use mybb, and all other guest and users were using phpbb.

But, last night, i release mybb forum ( www.pungas.com/forum ) as public, and look now... I have problems.

Forum is too slowwww.
I notice that it is not working properly when we have lot of users using a forum. My web site is running on really good server, and I doubt if it is slow beacose of server speed or server perfomance.
You really need to do something better than this for big forums. I have more than 3000 members, and more than 100 000 posts.

An very often I got this eror:

Quote:mySQL error: 2008
MySQL client run out of memory
Query: SELECT * FROM mybb_posts WHERE visible='1'mySQL error: 2013
Lost connection to MySQL server during query
Query: UPDATE mybb_users SET lastactive='1135603185', timeonline=timeonline+47 WHERE uid='2'

Sorry on mine written english :-)
I hope that you will do something about forum perfomance, and speed it up comunication with mysql.
Hope on fast replay is it posible?
now it is imposible to use board, beacose of to much users...
Gays.. do something about this, I would really hate to go again on phpbb!
I know there is a forum much larger than yours that runs fine on an older version of MyBB, see http://www.msghelp.net. Therefore, I do not think the problems that you are experiencing are normal. I will ask the lead developer (Chris) to contact you, as he manages the MsgHelp forums, so he might have some tips for you to tune MyBB for large forums.

In the meantime, you will have to hang on and perhaps experiment with some of MyBB's settings in the admin panel.

Regards,
Peter
O.K Thanks!
He people that wrote MyBB.

Please put on your site, in every download link "This forum is only for small sites that will never have more then 10,000 posts"

Let me introduce myself. I am developer at pungas.com, that's my project that my friend Edis and me run as a hobby. We like that siter and we have very active comunity...

I am active php programmer. I did not look in the mybb code, Edis sow your site, live cases and he liked list of the features. you also offer conversion from phpbb to mybb, very cool.
Last night I had to integrate mybb users with news portal and I had to take look in your code, "session" stuf about authentication. I have noticed that you select all users, that was stupid but I taught OK who has 500,000 users except few boards like GFY, that is not big overhead.

Now when I tool look on your code and I saw queries that use three or four LEFT JOIN-s, SELECT * almost everywhere without limits and build huge memory objects, I have to say that you have made the worst peace of code that I have ever seen!!!!

I am willing to help, Edis likes this functionality that myBB has but your engine is peace of orange and you have to redesign it seriously.

OK, If your dev. leads want to colaborate on this project IM me on Y! zoransa I would like to ask you few quections about your application design so we could plan action and optimize it for mid-size message boards.
Zoran, let me explain something. I know the internal MyBB code is not up to scratch. That is why Chris recently assigned me to the development team. I find it my personal task to make sure MyBB's code gets cleaned up and gets faster.

However, in the last months, there have been many security vulnerabilities for MyBB that we have consequently fixed and released patches for. This has taken a lot of our time as we find this to be of a higher priority than performance increases.

Regards,
Peter
Quote:Please put on your site, in every download link "This forum is only for small sites that will never have more then 10,000 posts"
That is just crap.

Quote:Our members have made a total of 213,772 posts in 20,685 threads.
52,080 members have registered here.
Please welcome our newest member, natucha12.
The most users online at one time was 916 on 26th March 2005 at 02:27 pm.
That is handled by a single P4 2.8ghz machine with 1gb RAM.

Quote:Now when I tool look on your code and I saw queries that use three or four LEFT JOIN-s, SELECT * almost everywhere without limits and build huge memory objects, I have to say that you have made the worst peace of code that I have ever seen!!!!
Exactly how much experience have you had with MySQL? Have you perhaps, written a piece of code which serves over 1,000 hits per second?

I'll explain more when I get home, but you need to start looking at optimizing your server.
MyBB is not perfect, no one said it was. I challenge you to find a forum software that is perfect. There simply isnt one.

I have seen MyBB forums larger than yours running far faster than yours. (even yours does not seem that slow to me). Perhaps your problem isnt MyBB its the solar powered calculator you call a server?

On a serious note. Contact your hosting provider about this. Perhaps your server is not correctly configured.
Server: OS redhat linux, apache web server - DELL PowerEdge
3,2 GHz Dual Xeon, 2 GB RAM

@Chris
Belive me. Zoran know what he is talking about. Anyway, I do not want to go into that. I belive he will answer on your post :-)
You have a pretty powerfull server yes. That does not mean its correctly configured though. As Chris said

Quote:Our members have made a total of 213,772 posts in 20,685 threads.
52,080 members have registered here.
Please welcome our newest member, natucha12.
The most users online at one time was 916 on 26th March 2005 at 02:27 pm.
That is handled by a single P4 2.8ghz machine with 1gb RAM.

Its a dell for a start. Wink joking.
Pages: 1 2