MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unknown error when warning for deleted post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This could be a bug or a suggestion, posting it here as it would seem to me it wouldn't be a minor change, but if you are in the process of warning someone for a post, i.e. you click the Warn button in the post and fill out the form, and whilst doing that, the post you're warning them for is deleted (Tomm ¬_¬ Toungue), you get 'An unknown error has occurred', because the post that you're warning for has been deleted. Might be better if it just adds the warning anyway, without a link to the post, maybe with a message saying it's done that, but then that would mean a new language string so it'd be for 1.6, if anything... you might think this situation wouldn't really happen that often, but if a post has been reported, it's quite likely one mod may warn for it, maybe to just unapprove afterwards, whilst another chooses to delete it at the same time, thus causing the error. Wouldn't happen loads but it's a bit of a pain when it does. I'm pretty sure it's happened more than once here but the cause only just occurred to me.

To reproduce the behaviour, go to warn a post, delete that post, then submit the form.