MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Authorisation code mismatch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

In the last few days whenever i have tried to delete posts (quick edit) it shows me this message:
myBB Wrote:Authorisation code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again.

One of my users on my forum also said that this happens when he trys to quick edit.

I searched google and mybb and i saw that this is because of a upgrade. I have not upgraded for a while now. It was working a few days ago, i have made no changes and it has stopped working.

Any help?

Thanks!
What version are you on?? I can only remember this being a real problem in 1.2. Are your postbit_edit and postbit_delete templates default??
I am using the latest version, 1.4.8 (1408).

I dont think i edited any of those templates. But i do have a different template from the default one.
Some help on this would be highly appreciated Smile
Can we have a URL and test account?? I have an idea but I'd need to be logged in to see it.
Sure! This will be PMed to you.
I think I've fixed this, it was due to this code...

var my_post_key = "randomcodegoeshere";

... which is used to authorise actions like deleting posts, being in the templates twice. In this case it was in the header template, which isn't where it should be, removed it from there, seemed to fix it.
Thanks mate Smile