MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ihelpcrew.com - the ultimate place for iPhone and iPod help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The forum's at http://ihelpcrew.com/helpdesk/ don't worry, the backgrounds gonna get replaced to make it brighter, and the rest of the site is gonna get a makeover to match the forum.

I've noticed that it's not loading properly sometimes. Anyone know why?
Dear rafaelous,

Your site, iHelpCrew is simply using an uncustomized version of Afresh. In addition to that, really, another site about iPod's? Have you looked at how many forums there are about iPod's already? You have no unique content or anything inspirational, so why should I join your site over Planet-iPhones? In my opinion, you need to restart from scratch.
One thing, unless you already have a huge member base (I can't tell because I can't access stats) I don't recommend that you make it so you have to register to view because this will seriously limit the growth of your forum.
Thanks for your feedback, but I've been pretty active in many iPod and iPhone communities (not under this name) and I've pretty much brought with me all the most helpful people from forums that I've been big on, so we're not starting from nowhere, and we've got a mission too, to help and educate anyone who wants/needs it.

About not showing the forum to guests, i thought the same, but a long time friend suggested that all the big and hugely successful forums we had been on had done that and so i agreed to give it a try. Over about a week I had around 5 new members which was pretty disappointing imo, but in the 2 days since I've switched over to this I've had around 50 new members, so if as long as it works i think I'll keep it like that.

About the theme, it's interesting you say that because i think i've edited it a lot, especially with things like the forum icons and the background. If there's any more changes to the theme you think would look good, I'm open to suggestions.
Interesting about getting more members when the forum is restricted to members but if it is working for you then don't change it. Some demographics just work differently I suppose.

Also don't worry to much about MyBBhehe's post, what he posted is just a generic template someone posted a while ago as a bit of a joke so people tend to post it when someone makes a forum that has been covered a lot already. I reported his post because it isn't exactly constructive.