MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I do it!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to get my forum to show like this forum, with seperate blocks with dark bue category titles, but try as I might I jut cannot seem to get the right settings, can anyone help
ummm.... this is a "stock" install of myBB what vertion are you runnng?
I would think so I just downloaded verson 1, I am trying to get my forum to look the same as on this forum main page where each category is white letters on dark background, then after 2 categories there is a break and then another section shows below, with more categories
Are you making Catagorys then forums under that?

If not go Hereand read. It will explane how to.
I have managed to create some categories following the basics, if you have a look at http://www.centrealert.com/ you will see my problem.

You will see a gap below the Call Centre Alert forum header and 3 catregories in that.

Then there is a gap and the board statistics seperate box shows.

I am trying to get the category showing as Alerts for Companies to show as a header in a seperate box, then into that box will be categories. It is creating this second box I just cannot fathom
I have tried everything from the example I can think of but I still cannot get the forum to look the same as the index page of this forum. The index of this forum has 5 sections with an collaps or expand button in the right hand corner, each in seperate box, which when clicked goes to its own forum.

I just cannot seem to find out how this is done, or is this a mod that has been added.

I can add a category, then add a forum topic under that as can be seen on the site, but I just cannot get it to look like this forum index page. Is there a full user manual on the forum anywhere?
Add a category and then forums under it. Make sure the Act As Forum and Parent Forum settings are the way you want.
Absoluty brillient, thanks very much your a star