MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Creating a Mod Database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Wow I can tell some people are very mature....Im working on a new design anyways.
What? :|
@2KH, and anyone else not saying anything worthwhile or helpful, unless you have something valid to contribute may I ask that you refrain from posting in this thread. Most websites are a bit crap when they first start out (I'm not saying this site is crap by the way), you don't have to have it completely finished and perfect before you show it to anyone; over time you build on it, with help from people's ideas and suggestions. Saying it's an 'epic fail' just because it isn't finished yet is just going to incite arguments, which it did. I'm fairly confident in saying that if you made something and someone gave you the sort of comments that have been given here, you wouldn't really like it.

Constructive comments or no comments at all, please.
(2009-09-06, 03:43 PM)2KH Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-09-06, 03:03 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]It's custom, and a work in progress. You wouldn't expect MyBB to look it's best during development stages, now would you?

now theres a difference between developing an forum, and a mod page.
you can't even compare that.

(2009-09-06, 03:10 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-09-06, 02:59 PM)2KH Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-09-06, 12:29 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-09-05, 08:11 PM)2KH Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-09-05, 06:57 PM)Lyndon Wrote: [ -> ]If you have something to say, say it to my face rather than being a jerk.

quite impossible to say it to your face when your sitting on the other side of earth. the point was that this is and will just be an failure. this won't be successfull thats it.

So because it's a static page with temporary content it fails? Have you ever designed a template from scratch? You usually don't just fill it with your content right away.

where did i say anything about design or content?
though the design sucks. doesn't matter if i ever coded anything from scratch. this is about his page and not me.
Before you even open a site you should have a proper design.
he failed there.
Though the most epic fail is why should anyone use his "mod database" when theres 1000000000000000+ out there already?
If it was like 10 pages i could understand his point of making a new better one. but when it's useless and ugly, there's no point.
negative or not, this is the truth.

Why would you epic fail something before its ready? I give your comments an epic fail. I give almost all of your comments on this forum an epic fail.

You have done nothing but be completely negative to everybody on this forum. Instead of saying the crap that you continue to say, why not say "I'm not into the design. The colors don't fit and the layout isn't amazing. I suggest you do ________. Good luck with the database though."

That right there says everything you said, but without the snide remarks to top it off. Let's see something you made, and we'll critique it the same way you critique everything else.

lol, then i suggest you get a pair of glasses.
Since i'm not always negative. and even if i'm negative. im just speaking the truth. but i guess you and some other people are not grown up enough to hear the truth. maybe your afraid to hear it because im right, crushing your dreams. blablablabla.
what i make or not has nothinjg to do with the topic, so it's an lame statement.
and why is my post an epic fail? lol...

(2009-09-06, 03:11 PM)Lyndon Wrote: [ -> ]And thos database is going to be for my mods anyway
So your making like a new version of mybbcentral and source?

Don't you think we have ENOUGH OF THOSE GUYS?
(2009-09-06, 11:32 PM)glas Wrote: [ -> ]Don't you think we have ENOUGH OF THOSE GUYS?
Um no.
(2009-09-06, 11:37 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-09-06, 11:32 PM)glas Wrote: [ -> ]Don't you think we have ENOUGH OF THOSE GUYS?
Um no.

Glas, chill. Is he forcing you to buy it?
I shouldn't of said that..

I take it you didn't read my post.

(2009-09-06, 09:13 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Constructive comments or no comments at all, please.

You're just trying to start arguments.
(2009-09-07, 07:05 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]

(2009-09-06, 09:13 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Constructive comments or no comments at all, please.

everyone should be allowed to post their comments posetive or negative. not everyone has the same opinion. then it's good to hear from someone who got the negative aspects from an such site aswell.
Afterall he was asking for peoples opinion.
If he don't like what people tell him, then he shouldn't have posted his thread here at all.
(2009-09-07, 01:20 PM)2KH Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-09-07, 07:05 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]

everyone should be allowed to post their comments posetive or negative. not everyone has the same opinion. then it's good to hear from someone who got the negative aspects from an such site aswell.
Afterall he was asking for peoples opinion.
If he don't like what people tell him, then he shouldn't have posted his thread here at all.
I'm not trying to provoke an argument, but no they are not. There's a difference between constructive criticism (could be negative, but still constructive) and flaming, which you were doing. If you want to respond to this, PM me.
There's a difference between negative posts that help them improve, and simply saying something like it will fail because it isn't finished yet, which is what you said. "epic fail before even getting it up" does not help them in any way whatsoever.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5