MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration problem (not image related)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Detailed description of your problem, including steps to reproduce if necessary

I am having issues with people registering who are using IE 8 and Netscape. I have reproduced the problem in IE 8, screen shot attached, for what it is worth. Basically, it is impossible for them to register using these browsers because the passwords won't verify. They give either the error that the passwords must match, or that the password must be 6 characters long. As you can see, the password is 6 characters long, and trust me, the passwords match. For users that don't have another browser, I have to manually register them. Then, they are able to log in and use the forum normally.

URL to your forum/URL to specific problematic page: http://www.guardianangels.info/member.php

New installation or upgrade (from which version of MyBB)?: New installation.

Screenshot or error text, verbatim:

[Image: passwordproblem1.jpg]

[Image: passwordproblem.jpg]
Lots of threads on this, it's because of the login box in the header, some browsers don't like it. Easiest thing to do is remove the login box from your header_welcomeblock_guest template and replace it with either the default MyBB login box or a static link to ./member.php?action=login
Can somebody try this in IE8 on swimforums.net? Only cause I couldn't reproduce it with IE8 and most of my users will be using it.
Works fine.
It'll be fine if it's the default login box, it only happens on themes that change the default login box so it's always showing, and doesn't use javascript.
Ah, thanks everyone.