MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Excessive server load
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One of my plugins or mybb settings is excessively increasing the server load .
When there's no user connected it uses to be between 0.1 - 0.5 but now it goes even over 20 and some pages loads in more than 10 seconds .

My forum is: http://forum.robattle.net and I currently have the following plugins activated:
Awaiting Activation Message (1.2)
Add Spiders (0.1)
Ajax Private Message Notification (1.5 Beta)
Ajax WIO Reloader (1.0 Beta)
FancyZoom (1.1)
Game Section (1.2 RC3)
Google SEO (1.1.5)
Last Threads, Posts and Popular Threads on UserCP Home (1.0)
MyPlaza Turbo (Public) (0.3.0)
MyShoutbox 1.2 (1.1)
Post icons on index in the last post (1.0.3)
Signature image limit (1.1)
Tube Video Gallery (1.4.0)
Guests Warning (1.0)

I deactivated recently:
Prostats
ThankYou (3.0.7)
Specific forum banning (1.0.1)
and the server load decreased to an acceptable value . Where they the cause ?

But still, yesterday when I moved the site on the VPS, a normal page used to be generated in less than 0.2 seconds and now over 2 seconds .

The server load exceeded 25 , again . I've attached the debug info for index , showforum page and showtopic page .Can anyone help ?
maybe game section make your forum heavy.. ??
Actually, I noticed the server load increases to high values for particular periods of time and after that it come's back to normal .
Erm, which values do you refer to with over 20? Seconds or what?
As far as I know, server load expresses the number of queries in queue for processing . If the server load is high the page generation time increases .
My forum runs on a dedicated server, along with a few websites with less traffic .

Now everything seems to have gotten back to normal: Server Load: 0.84 . Maybe a mybb task was processed that time but this is unusual (it took 20-30 minutes) and it happeans quite often .
You have a LOT of queries, and have a very little PHP Memory Limit, increase this value (on a VPS) in the php.ini.

This Plugins are heavy:
Ajax Private Message Notification (1.5 Beta)
Ajax WIO Reloader (1.0 Beta)
FancyZoom (1.1)
Game Section (1.2 RC3)
Last Threads, Posts and Popular Threads on UserCP Home (1.0)
MyShoutbox 1.2 (1.1)
Post icons on index in the last post (1.0.3)
Tube Video Gallery (1.4.0)

You may consider deactivate it and test it without any plugin, all the shoutbox makes more memory consumption and cause server load, the Game Section too.