MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Editing template sets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sometimes when I edit template set and then go to that site where it affects, i see no change. Then if i go back to admin cp and check has it even changed, it has changed. So in admin cp its right and in website its wrong. (like i have edited <body> to <body onLoad="stuff"> but it doesnt affect in site). I have tried everything from clearing cache to asking friend to check it out. What's wrong??
Does the template's link color change to dark blue (a different shade from the normal link)?
Umm.. No. I don't see any difference. I have tried adding string "test" to few parts of layout and they don't appear so it got to be mybb bug
Can you PM me admin details and the name of the template set you're trying to edit?? It's highly unlike it's a bug, if there was a bug with templates not working like this, I think we'd know about it by now....
Hmm, cause this happened to me except the link turned blue as well (like a custom group).

Go into phpMyAdmin and check the mybb_templates (or something like that) table for the headerinclude row (or whichever template it was). MyBB may have duplicated it. If you see two of them, then delete one.
I saw two of them but it still didn't work even though i deleted one without onLoad. I sent details to MattRogowski. Let's hope he solves it Smile
Hmm, the fact that there are two is still a problem...
Yeah, Zash was right, some of the template names are in blue, and that ain't good... ugh, how does this happen >.<

In that case then, can I also have login details to phpMyAdmin?? I'll fix this problem now and try and see why it happens in the first place... I should have worded my above post differently, there's not a bug with templates not updating, but I think there is a bug that causes the master template to be deleted, which is what's going on here, and that's why the templates don't change when you edit them.
I got to go now but i check this tomorrow.
Pages: 1 2