MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Header and footer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey I am creating a custom page. How do I display the page withen my forum skin.
I.e Like the index page but instead of showing its content I would show my custom content.
This should be what you're looking for: http://www.learnmybb.com/forums/Thread-H...-new-pages
Doesnt work for me.
Maybe you could explain how?? Plenty of people have used it successfully, me included.
It just doesnt work. I have done everything it says.
Well how doesn't it work?? Do you get a blank page?? Error message?? What?? Plenty of people have used it fine so it sounds like you're missing something. There is literally nothing anyone can say to help you if you just say 'it doesn't work'.
(2009-09-08, 04:35 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Well how doesn't it work?? Do you get a blank page?? Error message?? What?? Plenty of people have used it fine so it sounds like you're missing something. There is literally nothing anyone can say to help you if you just say 'it doesn't work'.

I am getting my content but nothing else.
Did you use the example code in the thread to get the header and footer?? What are you putting into the template??
The skin works now apart from my content is at the bottom of the page and in the middle it says content here.
Could you perhaps post the URL?? If you use the code in that thread and just replace where it says Content Here it'll work fine...

<html>
<head>
<title>Title Here</title>
{$headerinclude}
</head>
<body>
{$header}
Content Here
{$footer}
</body>
</html>

There's literally nothing that can go wrong with that, if the page is broken, it's the code you're putting in where it says Content Here.