MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Server Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, im helping a friend with his site boxingbb.com and i logged onto it today and got a server 500 error, now i didn't do anything that night to the site, so i didn't change anything and i contacted hostgator about it and they said i was running to many processes, so they renamed my index.php to index-bak.php to kill all processes, now i have only an index/ of page, any ideas?
If there's no index.* file, it will show the list of files like that because it will load an index.* file unless you specify a different file... no index file means it doesn't have anything to load other than that list. Not really sure what renaming it would achieve anyway, disabling heavy load plugins would probably be a better idea; rename it back to index.php and see if disabling any plugins sorts it out.
If that isn't the case (if it's newly installed etc.) then it may be htaccess however I haven't seen or heard of this problem before.
Do you think it could be the game section or myplaza? i had those two for a week now and nothing really happend until today.
A link to the site would be helpful.
(2009-09-07, 06:19 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]If that isn't the case (if it's newly installed etc.) then it may be htaccess however I haven't seen or heard of this problem before.

Ya, that's why i posted. i seen these errors, but it was easy to fix, but i never had this problem.
(2009-09-07, 06:24 PM)blh654 Wrote: [ -> ]A link to the site would be helpful.

If you read the post you'd see i posted a link.
Yeah, and I'm saying that I don't see a link.
(2009-09-07, 06:26 PM)blh654 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, and I'm saying that I don't see a link.

Learn to copy and paste, the problem is fixed anyways.
Well the best plan would be; if it happens again try disabling game section and/or myplaza and see if it fixes it. If it doesn't then come back and we'll see what we can do Smile
Well, i did the game section, so lets see what happens, im usually good with this stuff.
Pages: 1 2