MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: www.mybbcodes.com Hacking Attempts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hello MyBB Codes.Com Users (especially subscribers)

It is hereby announce that www.mybbcodes.com is being in influence of some hacking attempts. I posted these happenings to Ryan Loos and also discloses some information to him, I didnot want to post here in open community for privacy of those users.

My host (hostgator) emailed me 3 times before, that some hacking attempts are performing to your admin area of cpanel from the last couple of days. They give me some IPs of those attackers, I banned them from mybb admin panel aswell as from the cpnael itself. But Host constantly saying to me to "Take Care of Your Site". Its about to hacked. I noticed some IPs that are constantly clicking onmy admin directory. (admin/index.php page). I tell you that I have developed a Tracker Script (My Ultimate Tracer Plugin) which enable me to trace all coming guests, bots, members etc.

I noticed them today evening at about 6:00 PM Pakistan Time. I noticed that some of them are trying to invade in my admin directory, therefore I switched off the forum's directory for security purposes.

I am hereby announcing to please calm down, all members, subscribers 's accounts are still there, all other stuffs are safe, and all files are properly in password protected directories...

So please, I know that some one wll raise the issue about this hacking attempts, so I felt the importance of it to annouce it here...

Please do not argue negatively.. www.mybbcodes.com is safe and will remains safe... I assure you that who ever do the act of hacking to my site, be ware that My host does'nt closed their eyes...

---
I will reopen the site within some days (a day or two)... so please stay tuned... Smile
---

ghazal Heart
Pm'd. Short.
Thanks Tom,

Replied Smile
Thanks ghazal n_n
you are the best plugin dev

btw will be the plugin for download for susbscribers?
also it surprised me that you didn't change your admin directory in a start O_O
Currently no one is allowed to gain access to the site (except Admins there), after a couple of days, I will reopen the forum, ensuring about the fool proof security.

Thanks glas for feedback and liking of my contributions for MyBB.

regards
pm'ed
did they ever get into mybb admin page or cpanel page?
You can rename the admin directory of your forum, which will make it harder. Remember to alter the information in the ./inc/config.php file. You can also hide all the links to the ACP - so even if they do manage to get into your account, they won't know where to access it.
Your account has been suspended. No hacking or anything, no other stuff... why lying at us?
(2009-09-07, 09:18 PM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]Your account has been suspended. No hacking or anything, no other stuff... why lying at us?

i sense a troll
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7