MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Scoof.com - request for critical observations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2010-07-03, 01:32 AM)Infranight Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm.. where should I start?
1) Logo. Not attractive. Try using Scoof as the main text, and then a tagline (in smaller font) reading "get away with it".
2) Being minimalist doesn't mean being plain. And definitely not removing as much padding as possible. Try adding padding to the thead and tcat.
3) Borders? Not something that would be quite so modern.

Thank you - I had a good look at the logo. I scrapped "scoof" and "forum" entirely as being mere repetition, what's left is just the tagline.

I've padded back from where I'd cut things to, the line spacing is now wider and there's extra space around blockquotes. I hope it's a better balance now than it was.

I'm part-way tempted to put all the borders down to 0px and stop it being boxy, but some users have said they're used to compartmentalized fragments. I'll juggle and see what reaction I get.

(2010-07-06, 11:45 AM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]You may like the theme but I think the chances of it being attractive to anyone else are slim, I think you're lessening the sites chance of success by basing it on your own preferences.

None of my customers are arriving by randomly seeing the site and deciding wow, neat layout, I'll register. They're effectively real-life club members. Though we don't turn away people who find the site by googling content, it makes more sense if those wanting to comment just do that as guests without registering. Success is predominantly down to the simple navigation MyBB starts out with, together with its reliability. Stripping out the reputation and thread rating and post-count ranking stars was an overwhelming request from the first trial run, the members hated them.

Thank you both for taking a look, I appreciate it.
Pages: 1 2 3