MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Opera 10, really diggin it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm really diggin Opera 10. So much so after years of not being able to decide what I want, I've decided on this. It just flat out kicks some lime...

Any thoughts? I find myself surprised by this.

Regards
I've always loved opera but it did to much for me. Which is kind of weird since I get a lot of plugins for firefox Toungue. But, well I prefer the freedom of choice in FF which is why I can never stick with Opera.
Opera never fails to surprises us....I am more into Opera 11 whereby they will finally improve the javascript engine to fight with Chrome/Safari. ;D
I only used Opera once (I have it installed to test my designs), but I found its rendering too similar to IE (don't blame me, I'm used to webkit or gecko)... so I just didn't like it. I really like to browse simple, so I just go for Safari (even though I use all those Develop features) Toungue
(2009-09-08, 04:41 AM)combus Wrote: [ -> ]but I found its rendering too similar to IE

Really? I have found Opera to generally have the best rendering. Just about any code I have written has worked perfectly the first time in Opera. Less can obviously be said for IE. Not to mention that they are generally the first to support new standards.
I really like Opera, if Chrome didn't exist I'd be typing this from Opera right now.
To be fair, Opera 10 is a massive let down. They haven't integrated Opera Unite or their new javascript engine; something to look forward to really in Opera 11 (or maybe a 10.x branch?).

I love the Turbo, and granted it does actually work - something other browsers have promised and epic failed. Plus, I haven't had any problems loading sites or using functionality (for example, some things in Facebook didn't work in Opera 9.6).

Love the new speed dial too. The option to have 25, different, home pages?! Score.

No offence to NetSage, but Opera is practically just as freedom-reign as Firefox. Yes, it can do too much, but if you don't use things like mail, or feeds, then it's not like it's in your face. It probably has, more or less, the same amount of useful plugins as Firefox, too.

Firefox is still to 'kiddy' for me, and I'm refusing to let Google completely control my web browsing with its crap browser. Until they both grow up and start being serious, Opera's the one for me. Toungue
(2009-09-08, 07:41 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]No offence to NetSage, but Opera is practically just as freedom-reign as Firefox. Yes, it can do too much, but if you don't use things like mail, or feeds, then it's not like it's in your face. It probably has, more or less, the same amount of useful plugins as Firefox, too.

Firefox is still to 'kiddy' for me, and I'm refusing to let Google completely control my web browsing with its crap browser. Until they both grow up and start being serious, Opera's the one for me. Toungue

Yes, but I don't like the way it handles things. I don't know why it's just i only use a few key extensions in firefox and I love the way they work over opera. In opera everything is a new page or window or splitting up your screen. With firefox I have everything I need right there without either making leave my page or widgets that get in my way.
MOUSE GESTURES FTW!!! Big Grin
Unite will come at 10.10 because it is still under development.

Something we gotta know is that Unite, Widgets and Dragonfly are all separate teams developing and hence they are quite "un-related" to the original Opera browser.
Pages: 1 2