MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Register on multiple forums?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a forum network, and what I want to do, is to have users register in one place, for all of the forums.

What I wanted to do was to have then register, and once they register, then their information (login/pass, and all) would be copied to the table of the other forums.

would this work? Anyone see any problem with this?

Thanks
Quite a few people have asked how to do this, it is physically possible, but it's not exactly very straight forward, and of all the people who have asked, I haven't heard of anyone successfully doing it.
All that is required is to copy the information into the new table, right?
(2009-09-08, 09:10 PM)apa Wrote: [ -> ]All that is required is to copy the information into the new table, right?

Well yes you could have registrations automatically be sent to multiple databases but it wouldn't be that simple I have a feeling.
Yeah, I'm basing my above comment on other people who know a lot more about it than me, if a number of more knowledgeable people say it isn't easy then they're probably right... we might try and make it easier to do this in 2.0, dunno if it is/would be considered or not, we'll see what happens.
Does anyone know why this isn't as easy as it sounds? Smile
Because, there are many things you would have to account for. Plus it would be harder if your starting with forums that have members already(which most people did). It would be easier when starting with brand new forums I'm sure.
(2009-09-08, 09:33 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Because, there are many things you would have to account for. Plus it would be harder if your starting with forums that have members already(which most people did). It would be easier when starting with brand new forums I'm sure.

Why? just copy everyone over to your new forum....
I meant 2 active forums.
Couldn't you just use the same database for two different URLs? But then the forums would be the exact same.
Pages: 1 2