MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Gallery System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Nearly finished designing my photography forum but need a gallery system.

Searched here and everywhere i can think of and there just doesnt seem to beone.

Ive seen coppermine mentioned but i think it looks terrible if imhonest.

Any ideas?
There is a plugin being developed somewhere(mybbplus I think).
I personally don't have allot of faith in anything developed by MyBBPlus anymore since that site is constantly being compromised. Going their today, my virus software reports that it contains a Trojan Horse!!! (blocking it of course). Be careful!!

Since there seems to be so much difficulty in keeping that website secure, who knows what kind of nasty vulnerabilities may be lurking in those Plug-ins & Themes offered there.

I too was looking forward to MyBBPlus' Gallery Plug-in - I need one bad! But it's unfortunate that I simply cannot trust that site's owner anymore. With that said I'm still seeking other (more trustworthy) Gallery alternatives.

Coppermine is an option, but I would prefer one specifically made for MyBB. I know of one other in development, needs much work yet, but are there any others not in BETA for use with MyBB 1.4?
(2009-11-01, 03:34 PM)dcaduser Wrote: [ -> ]I personally don't have allot of faith in anything developed by MyBBPlus anymore since that site is constantly being compromised. Going their today, my virus software reports that it contains a Trojan Horse!!! (blocking it of course). Be careful!!

Since there seems to be so much difficulty in keeping that website secure, who knows what kind of nasty vulnerabilities may be lurking in those Plug-ins & Themes offered there.

I too was looking forward to MyBBPlus' Gallery Plug-in - I need one bad! But it's unfortunate that I simply cannot trust that site's owner anymore. With that said I'm still seeking other (more trustworthy) Gallery alternatives.

Coppermine is an option, but I would prefer one specifically made for MyBB. I know of one other in development, needs much work yet, but are there any others not in BETA for use with MyBB 1.4?

this is the gallery I'm using. it's not too bad, but it's pretty bare bones for now:
http://mybbsource.com/thread-1356.html

you can see it live on my site:
http://pazrt.com/forum/mygal.php?cat=3
(2009-09-08, 10:57 PM)alphamale Wrote: [ -> ]Ive seen coppermine mentioned but i think it looks terrible if imhonest.

Any ideas?

build a new theme/template for Coppermine and use it. its a good piece of software with lots of support and a great cpmFetch module that works easily in MyBB.

If you can do templates and themes, you can get most of the package looking nice. Sure, some of the things look like crap, but the overall view is not bad.

that GalleryPro looks promising though