MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Guests enter my forums ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi!

I finished setting up my forum about two hours ago, right now, I'm fighting against my host Sad - but theres another problem too.

If I'm not logged in, I'm still able to enter my forums, to read everything - I already changed the permissions of guests to see, but not enter forums, but it has no effects. Is this a Bug or am I blind/tired Sad

N8,
FraGe
ups, other Problem.
My posts are not counted. I post something and my posting stats keep the same - just for the user - the forum is updated ...
FraGe Wrote:If I'm not logged in, I'm still able to enter my forums, to read everything - I already changed the permissions of guests to see, but not enter forums, but it has no effects. Is this a Bug or am I blind/tired Sad

N8,
FraGe

Can you say exactly what you did to the permissions to do this?
FraGe Wrote:ups, other Problem.
My posts are not counted. I post something and my posting stats keep the same - just for the user - the forum is updated ...

In your individual forum settings, is the post counter enabled?
Hi,

thanks a lot for this fast answer, it was a bit late tonight, so I haven't been thinking clearly Smile

DennisTT Wrote:Can you say exactly what you did to the permissions to do this?

I don't know exactlyWink
I worked on so much that night.

Ok: Usergroup Management -> Unregistered / Not Logged In ->

Can View Board Yes
Can Search Forums No
Can View Profiles No
Can Download Attachments No

Isn't it working like this?
What I want is, that every forum which is not hidden (private) can be "seen" be guests - but not be entered. Its just, if you see a board which contains nothing but the stats its a bit boring, if you see something but can't enter, you perhaps register more likely Smile

DennisTT Wrote:In your individual forum settings, is the post counter enabled?

Sorry, it was too late Wink
Did'nt know that its set to "No" by default Sad
I'm nearly done right now!!!

thx,
FraGe

ahm, I changed the settings for the Forums, but it still doesn't work Sad
And, another question: Is there apossibility to recount all user Posts?
I guess, I will need this Big Grin

Hmm, ayayay, I'm still working on this and nothing changes Sad

(I'm talking about the problem with my guests, not the one with Counting - I resetted the option in my local Board, not online, so it didn't work in the mornig Big Grin)
You can put this attachment in inc/plugins, and activate it whenever you want to recount post count.
You are my personal hero Smile
I just activated it and it took some 300 posts of my counter - three years ago, I lost one subforum accidentally, now it came into my mind, that this one doen't exist any more Big Grin

but guests are still ...

If I put the option that guest can view forums to no, there is absolutely no content, if youre not logged in. Is there no possibility that they see the forums,m but can't enter them?

When you allow guests to view the board, thats it, they view it and can read it. They arent able to post or anything but they can read the entire board.

This is not what I want, there must be a possibility (hack or something)
that guets can see the forums structure but can not enter the forums or categories - as I read it This is, whats optionized in the Usergroup-Sheet:
Group can view Forums - yes/no
Group can read Forums - yes/ no

If this isn't what I'm thinking, I need some extra hack *gg*

FraGe
Hi, I'm warming up some old threads of mine *gg*
Is it still like this, or is there a possibility to change it?

My Idea is, that unregistered Visitors see the different forums, but can't enter until they register.
So it ould be more interesting. But I definitely don't want unregistered users to enter my forums ...
So I had to block it like this till now: http://www.k4um.net
Yes you can do that. Set guests "Can view" to No and then under Settings > Forum Home Options change "Hide Private Forums" to No.
hmm, this could be an option for someone, it works.
But for me it doesn't work because I do have subforums, I don't want to be seen by several users Smile
I will think about this Smile
FraGe Wrote:But for me it doesn't work because I do have subforums, I don't want to be seen by several users Smile

Why wont Chris's suggestion work? Just set the permissions of the desired sub-forums to no for the desired groups. o.o
Pages: 1 2