MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SMF -> MyBB : not all accounts work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there,

I'd used the MyBB Merge to merge from SMF to MyBB, and when testing several accounts, I saw that some work well, and some don't.

I'm looking for a common reason about this trouble, comparing SMF accounts and MyBB accounts, but I can't find anything.

If someone already encounter this problem and found a solution, thanks for your explanations Smile
Can you maybe explain how they don't work?? Not knowing that means there's little for us to suggest to you Smile If you mean their passwords don't work, make sure you have the latest version of the loginconvert.php and that it is activated in the plugin manager of the ACP.
The loginconvert seems to work well, it's activated and some of my users can log in the forum.

When I look the mybb_users table, I can see that some are Ok (password, salt and loginkey set, passwordconvert and passwordconverttype empty), and for some, passwordconvert and passwordconverttype are always set, like if the authenticate_smf11 function returned false.
I've checked, the passwords are OK (they work in smf, they are the same in mybb_users and smf_members).

So, I can't matter where is the problem.
OK, can you get one of the users who's having a problem, from the SMF forum, to change their password??
It's really strange : when comparing password (working) in smf table and password generated by myself using the smf rules (so, rules applied in loginconvert.php), I don't get the same values.
I use:
sha1(strtolower($membername).$password)
Could it have something to do with charsets?