MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Sir,

My forum has 144 members, 3142 posts and 2688 threads but when i download the backup in admin panel i only get 2.5 MB backup. Before 5 days i got 5 MB backup when i downloaded but now i am geting only 2.5 MB backup.

Below is my total backup size:

[Image: 2jedaj7.png]
Are you sure you're selecting all tables?? Are you choosing to download as a plain text file or Gzip compressed??
Yes i am selecting full table and i download as Gzip compressed...I tried both with plain text and Gzip but still i am getting 2.5 MB database which is too less......Whats happening??? Where is the fault sir???
Things get periodically deleted. Like sessions and logs. They might account for some loss in your databse.
So pls tell me wht to do now...Give me solution.....I dont want to loose my sql database....Pls someone help pls...
If you're worried, make a test forum, and import the backup to it. If it's all fine, you know you're OK.
ohhh god...this is a very long procedure sir....Sad Sad Sad

What could be the problem in my database, why i am getting such a low space database 2.5MB Sad
2.5mb isn't that low...it's normal to have about 1mb per 1000 posts...

Did you prune some members? How about private messages? Have you bothered to look at the sql and see if anything is missing? You seem too concerned over nothing. It's not like you had a 100mb and it's not 10mb. 5mb is nothing...you can prune a few tables and save that.
Ohhh let me see like Matt said to check it on a test forum...I hope everythig is fine...