MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Move member list from one forum to another?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I build a fresh forum & want to move the memberlist from a previous installation of mybb. Does anyone know how I can do this?
Thanks
I would simply export and import the "mybb_users" table from database...
Hello, Hmm, Im not sure if this alone will work. I will try.
That won't work if you have existing users. Do you just want to start a fresh forum with the old memberslist?
To labrocca :

In its opening post he specifically wrote : "Hello, I build a fresh forum & want to move the memberlist from a previous installation of mybb."
Why not just delete everything then except the users? You can truncate most of the tables.
Hello, yes my new forum already has memebers & posts Sad I cant ask everyone to join again as there are a few thousand members on the old forum. What does table truncating mean also?
Thanks
Why not just merge all the users?
Hello, how would I do this?
I was thinking, could I not just take the user data from the old forum rather than also taking the table & structure. This way I could put the user data into my already created user table on new forum?
Doesn't that merge system have that option? If not just merge everything, then delete it..
Pages: 1 2