MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Counting subforum posts to main forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently I noticed that myBB doesn't count the subforums posts to the main forum's total.

That is when I moved an existing forum into another forum as a subforum it didn't count towards the parent forums post count.

But when I newly created subforums and moved some of the parent forum's posts into the subforum, it counts the posts correctly to the parent forum.

I tried recounting forum stats, but it doesn't work. Hopefully somebody experienced can tell me how to fix this.
It's a side effect of the "parentlist not being updated when forum is edited" bug.

Upload this file to your MyBB main folder and run it from your web browser, and then make a post in one of the subforums, and the parent forum post count should be updated correctly.
Hey thanks. Does it mean that I have to run this file every time I make a forum change (like making an existing forum a subforum)?
The bug should have been fixed for 1.0, so I don't think it's necessary, however it presents no harm to run it again.
I was running 1.01 actually. Running that file and posting a new reply fixed it though.