MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: searching themes (suggestion)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
a way to let us see/search themes only for certain version.

tnx
Why would you need that...?? Themes and plugins will generally work for all 1.4 versions and you shouldn't be using anything other than 1.4.
Still, I have on suggestion. The search fetaure at the top of page (in the mods page) searches for exact words, so if we search for 'test' and if there is a word 'testing' it will not show that in the results.
Is there any way to disable this?
so why is that lots of themes i upload to my latest mybb do not work?
it said the theme was made for older version....
Because they didn't use mybb 1.4.x for the version . They used 1.4.2 or what ever was the latest when made. As, we told you(I think) in the support just say ignore mybb version.
(2009-09-13, 01:02 AM)dennyhalim Wrote: [ -> ]so why is that lots of themes i upload to my latest mybb do not work?
it said the theme was made for older version....

What that basically means is that the last version the theme was known to work 100% with was an older version of 1.4. With some updates, the templates have very small changes. For example, if a theme was last updated to work with 1.4.4, you'll get a compatibility issue when using it on 1.4.8, but if you just ignore the version, if you're sure it is actually a 1.4 theme, it'll work fine.