MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Activation Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've set it to instant activation, however when I look at the member list, a lot of them are shown as inactivated, both in the normal membr list that everyone can see as well as the admin CP. Any ideas?
Was it always set to instant activation or did some people register before that setting was set??
It wasn't always set, but all these people registered after it was set to that.
Make sure ./inc/settings.php is CHMOD to 666 to make sure the settings are saving.
OK, permissions were set to 644, and I've changed that now. Problem is that when I try to save it I'm getting this error
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ']' in /forum/inc/settings.php on line 176
I checked up in the file and this is what the code is
$settings['regtype'] = "instant";
$settings['defaultprofile_remember'] = "1";
$settings['hottopic'] = "20";
$settings['reportmethod'] = "db";
$settings['repsperpage'] = "15";
$settings['pmonreg_receipt'] = "1";
$settings['if($mybb->user['uid']==0) { //code for redirect } '] = "";
$settings['returnemail'] = "";
$settings['pmonreg_savecopy'] = "0";
$settings['searchfloodtime'] = "30";
$settings['searchtype'] = "standard";

Edit: That error is occurring when trying to access anywhere on the forum now, it wasn't only saving that file.
You're not editing settings.php to do this are you...?? You shouldn't be, does say that at the top in capital letters.

This is nothing to do with default MyBB:

$settings['if($mybb->user['uid']==0) { //code for redirect } '] = "";

Don't know why that's there. Remove that, and edit settings in the ACP.
I was changing the settings in the Admin CP to do it. That line was in there because I added ti the other day to the footer (through the Admin CP) to redirect all non members and people who weren't signed in to a page to sign in, but I've since removed that from the footer because that went wrong.

Anyway, to change to instant activation I did that through the Admin CP settings, but to CHMOD I did that via SFTP. I've removed that line now, and it's working again now, but it isn't loading properly (images missing and stuff), but I guess that's because the host is terrible isn't it?
Without a link or a screenshot of what images are missing there isn't much we could tell you. Won't be anything to do with the quality of the host.
Well, it's looking like this
[Image: picture2gk.png]
this is sort of what it looked like before, I've made some changes since then, but that's pretty much what it looked like.
[Image: picture1xps.png]
Can you post your URL here?? Now that settings.php is working as it's supposed to, it looks like a wrong setting is being used.
Pages: 1 2 3