MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ok I messed something up... I need a MySQL guru's help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so I just set up a co.cc domain for my forums, and when I was editing the settings in my forum, I changed the wrong thing... I need an SQL query that will revert what I changed back to what it was before.

The part I edited in the setting was in the General Configuration. I edited 'Cookie Path'.

If someone could give me the right SQL query to revert that to what I need that would be great!
No need for MySQL. Smile
Yes, but I accidentally changed the Cookie Path, and now it wont keep me logged in to the admin so I cant change it back.
Ah, of course.

Edit ./inc/settings.php (in a text editor other than Notepad. Notepad++, Notepad2, Wordpad, etc. is fine) and put the new values into the file. Then, you MUST go to 'Admin CP > Configuration > General Configuration' and make the change here too. This is because although editing the file will make you able to log in, the settings aren't updated in the database, and when you next save any settings in the Admin CP, the old settings will come back.

Also make sure ./inc/settings.php is CHMOD to 666.
*Facepalm*
I didnt even think of that. Thanks Ryan!
funny how he had trouble with this and his site is called "mybb how to".
Everyone needs help every now and then, we can't be expected to know everything all the time. Smile