MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: changing database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello

how to change database of my site if i move all files from 1 directory to another directory?

i want to use other new database for my site.i tried to copy all files from my 1 directory root to another root but it showing the old site in my new directory root also.

how to change database as i want to start it from begining by moving all files to other root.

thank you
Check your configuration settings, make sure they match up to the new directory settings.
do i have to reupload config.php into inc/config.php
You should just have toe edit it, not upload a new copy.
ok thank you

do i have to upload xml file again through admincp for themes which is already uploaded in my old directory?
Ne, theme information should be stored in the database.
if i wont upload xml file again then how can that theme will work?bcoz my database is empty
I think all you will need to do if you want your Forum to run on a different database is open up your config file and change it to your matching database. You will also need to transfer all files over to that database.
If you're changing directory and database, you'll need to edit your board URL and cookie settings in the ACP, move the files, do all the database stuff you want to do, and then edit the correct details into ./inc/config.php