MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question regarding Installation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I have read how to install the forums but I got one question regarding the installation.
I am wondering how to get a php server, since my friend said he would host the forum but we have no idea how to create the forum on his computer.

Help please?
Install MyBB somewhere under the document root. On my home computer, Apache is installed in /web with /web/htdocs as the document root. So, I installed MyBB in /web/htdocs/forums so I can access it via http://myserver.com/forums/ . Other common places for the document root on *nix are /usr/local/apache/htdocs and /home/apache/htdocs. I'm not sure of the default roots for IIS or Apache on Windows.
If you're new to setting up a web server, you can use a package such as Xampp. The Windows package is easy to setup; I haven't tried the Linux package so I can't comment.

Assuming you use Xampp, then your document root would be something like C:\xampp\htdocs or C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs, depending on where you install it.

I hope this somehow helps you... Shy
Thanks, I will contact my friend who is installing the fourm to try these out Big Grin