MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why is it appearing like this??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

My site is designed and i submitted it to google and yahoo to index and even though ive put meta tags as a desription its apearing like this on google when you search for my forum....

Hello There, Guest! LoginRegister [-] Information Forum Threads ...
English (American). Contact UsPhotography Online ForumReturn to TopReturn to ContentLite (Archive) ModeRSS Syndication ...
photographyonlineforum.com/index.php - Cached - Similar

and like this on yahoo...

#
Photography Online Forum
A free photography forum and community with no brand bias. ... Contact Us Photography Online Forum Return to Top Return to Content Lite ...
photographyonlineforum.com - Cached

Also.. if i type in photography online forum in either it doesnt bring me up. i have to type in www.photographyonlineforum.com in to see it on both?

Thats no good as people will just type in photography forum or photography online forum at a push.

How do i make this better?

Matt
Also , i put the following in the template and am curious as to why yahoo cuts the description short?

<title></title>
<meta name="Keywords" content="Photography,photograph,photo,photos,online,forum,pic,image,images,photograher,photographing,photographed,forum,forums,chat,discussion,community,friendly,camera,cameras,lens,lense,lenses,tripod,flash,shutter,focal,focus,aperture,zoom,wide-angle,telephoto,macro,SLR,DSLR,Canon,Nikon,Sigma,Olympus,Tamron,Sony,450D,500D,40D,50D,5D,1D,1DS,EF,EFS,D5000,D40,D60,D90,D300,D700,D3,D3X,Speedlite,Nikkor"
<meta name="Description" content="A free photography forum and community with no brand bias. Extremely friendly and helpful moderators and members!"
Getting a decent page page rank takes time, you can't expect it to be right at the top straight away. Also, Google won't always use the meta description you put in your templates. The key to better page rank is good content and getting the word out about your forum.
Neither have got the description right? How do i get it to display right?

I know its going to take time to rank , im not fazed at that its the incorrect description mostly

Matt
You can try submitting your site your self where they allow you to enter the description.
Hi,

I did that anyway and put in the same desription as i have in my meta data.

It looks silly as it is now on google and yahoo is displaying it like this (which only shows half of the description i have in meta data)....

www.photographyonlineforum.com
A free photography forum and community with no brand bias. ... 11-09-2009 14:28 PM. by TTK. Suggestions & Comments. Have an idea on how to improve the forum? ...
www.photographyonlineforum.com - Cached

Any other ideas?

Matt
I have pages that still have random text showing even if I've got a meta tag, and the page has been crawled regularly... I don't really think there's anything more you can do. You're providing the meta tag, it's up to Google as to what it does with it.
Is this something related to MYBB? As my brother uses phpbb3 and has 6 seperate forums and every single one is listed perfectly ongoogle and yahoo

matt
It shows in google.
Jonp,

It doesnt show the description of the site in google. Not for me anyway.

It shows this..

Photography Online Forum9 Sep 2009 ... Forum Contains New Posts; Forum Contains No New Posts; Forum is Locked. English (American). Contact UsPhotography Online ForumReturn to ...
www.photographyonlineforum.com/ - Cached - Similar