MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: (Solved) Rep & prefix questions (v1.6)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, me again.

Things are starting to look bright for our possible move to MyBB. Seeing as the community sees over 200 active members log in each day everything must be suited to our needs before committing to the conversion.

Should we go ahead with the upgrade, we'll be waiting until v 1.6 is released, to minimise troubles that could arise from phpBB3 -> 1.4 -> 1.6 .

However I have a few questions:

1. Will the prefix feature in 1.6 allow Admins to colour code the prefixes using span?
2. I know multiple reputations are being built in, will this include flood limit and other restrictions - stopping one member from giving +rep to another user continually?

I thoroughly look forward to hearing back from you. Smile
1. You can format them with HTML, yes Smile
2. As far as I can see the 'Maximum Reputations Allowed Per Day' setting in the settings for the usergroup is the only setting to control this; so if they abused it and rep spammed they'd hit a limit at some point.
1. Great, thanks very much Big Grin
2. That's a better a response than the one I was hoping for. I was guessing there was likely to be a global limit, but individual group settings is ideal for us. Smile Am I right in thinking there's no spread limit? Meaning users don't have to give rep out to x amount of other users before giving it to the same user again?

Thanks very much. As always the support here has been fast and friendly.

Many thanks for your time Smile
(2009-09-15, 06:14 PM)MhW Wrote: [ -> ]Am I right in thinking there's no spread limit? Meaning users don't have to give rep out to x amount of other users before giving it to the same user again?

Nope, there's no spread limit, I just added 6 reps to a user one after the other until I hit the usergroup limit.
Okay, that's possibly a feature that should have been built in. Ah well, maybe we'll see it in future versions of 1.6.x Smile

Thanks for your help Matt. Smile