MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: (WIP) xtra mycodes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is sort of a combination of plugin and a file edit.
I know quite a few people asked for something similar, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.
This combines an edited version of the editor.js file (like querschlaeger provided in THIS POST) and Joshee's Extra Mycodes plugin (edited with his permission).

This plugin comes with 4 mycodes already plugged in:
1. mp3 player
2. announcement
3. Youtube videos
4. Smiley Sign

I edited the above files to help out a friend and thought others could use it as well. I will be adding other bbcodes to it in time.

[attachment=15375]
Sorry to necro this post. I just installed this on my forum. In full edit mode the text box field is too large and overlaps the functions underneath it. Any fix for this?
Edit the edit post template and adjust the rows and cols to suit your needs
(2010-05-08, 01:32 PM)x-Treme Wrote: [ -> ]Edit the edit post template and adjust the rows and cols to suit your needs

That didn't work. The problem is that one of the dropdown menus was pushed to the next line. I tried editing the js file, i tried editing the language file, I tried editing the plugin itself, I tried editing the template you mentioned. I can't figure out what will make that box move back up to the first line with the other two. I just don't know what to edit or where to make it do this.
Templates > YOUR THEME'S TEMPLATES > Edit Post Templates > Edit Post

Look for the following:
<textarea name="message" id="message" rows="20" cols="70" tabindex="3">{$message}</textarea>

Replace with:
<textarea name="message" id="message" rows="20" cols="100" tabindex="3">{$message}</textarea>

It will work. You may need to do a hard refresh of your browser if your site is caching the page.
Ok, that worked. I had to make it 105 though. I guess I never put it high enough (I did edit that before, but only to like 90)
any screenshoot??
Here's a quick screenshot. I replaced the Youtube code with a spoiler code.
[attachment=18216]
wow really great
Hmmmm.... a few more things:

It seems if any new mycodes are added it shifts it down again (no clue why it would do this). I just edited the file again and it works fine.

Also, the same problem is showing up in the text editor field for rew replies in private messages, any idea which template i need to edit to fix this one too?
Pages: 1 2