MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Few Converting Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone, a thanks in advance for your reply.

Ok ive been studdying the convert system and what im to do.

Few problems/questions(Q) i have.

do i need to download both packs? it states this, but when i asked for support, he didnt state if i had to or didnt need to. - so do i?

Also, if say i do need to download the Mybb Forums data base, then what do i do with the old one ready for convertion. What file names should they be called for a good setup.

I would like to keep the name www.yourdomainname.co.uk/forums

So, at the moment i have, PHPBB3, i would like to convert over to mybb.

i have red, and red, and red again and again all the topics on the Development cat in the main website/page. i understand the prosses, and noticed you need to call the convert file [convert] on the server, when you upload all the files, but what do i call the Mybb new forums? of course i already have the old one named [forums] and would like to keep that name, yourdomain.co.uk/forums

so incase you didnt understand

i need to know,

what do i rename my old forums file.
what do i name my new one.
and do i need to upload the hole Mybb Board? or just the convertion file.

1. Make a new folder in your file structure, doesn't really matter what you call it, we can always change it after. Don't delete any phpBB stuff yet. Let's say you call the new folder mybb, so the URL will be www.yoursite.com/mybb/
  2. Upload all the MyBB files and run the installation script - [Wiki: Installing] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead) - you need to have a MyBB forum before you can convert your phpBB forum to it.
  3. Download the merge system and upload the convert folder, so it'd be www.yoursite.com/mybb/convert/
  4. Run through the convert wizard.
  5. Once that's done, we can change the URL back to /forums/ and it'll carry on as normal.
thats for your reply, sorry for the dubble topic.

and your support was really good. will leave you some feedback