MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ?s on posting controls in MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,
I am new here and am thinking about making a forum for a website that I am making and I have a few questions about MyBB (although it seems to be the best option)
1.What controls do moderators/administrators have over what is in posts? (Like the simplest would be certain words that are not allowed to be used in posts)
2.Is there a "punishment" system that has like "3-strikes and your banned" or something similar?
3. Do I need any knowledge of PHP language to use/setup MyBB?
I look forward to using MyBB
Thanks in Advance,
TBird
TBird Wrote:1.What controls do moderators/administrators have over what is in posts? (Like the simplest would be certain words that are not allowed to be used in posts)
Do you mean like a Bad Word filter? There is a bad word filter, but I don't know how well it works, and if it blocks out the word even if it is part of a word that isn't classified as bad. I believe it does block out the word even if it is part of a "good" word, so probably the simplest thing to do is to edit them out as they come along.
TBird Wrote:2.Is there a "punishment" system that has like "3-strikes and your banned" or something similar?
If you mean something like a Warning Level System, there is not, you would have manually do it - just tell the member "This is your first strike," "second strike," etc. and then ban them manually in the Admin CP.[/quote]
TBird Wrote:3. Do I need any knowledge of PHP language to use/setup MyBB?
The only think you have to know is how to create a MySQL database, but that is with all popular forum softwares. If you don't know how to, you can always post a thread in the "Installation Help" forum for help Smile
Thank You Belloman,
So to use MyBB all I have to do is know how to create an SQL Database on my server and all I have to do after that is pin the forum to my site and then I can use the MyBB software from there
If this is true It would make me very happy Big Grin
Thank You very Much Belloman
-TBird
PS: Is there any "points system" on these forums? (so that I can give you points Belloman)Wink