MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My opinion on MyBB Community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed that there are some kind of trend here to charge for any single mod. I know that developers uses their time and hard work to develop a mod but isn't it too much charging for every single mod even a simple one?

Not saying that I don't appreciate the hard work, I do but reason people use mybb was because it is free to begin with. I personally don't mind paying if I really need the mod and if that mod is really good both in usage and supports. Take vbulletin for an example. They have a lot of mods and most of them are free. Why? Not so hard to understand..

So, I hope in the future there will be more free mods on this forum. I like mybb for its simplicity.

I also noticed that whenever people come out with a plugin which some other has already created, there will be someone who sarcastically asked why was it needed to have another "this" and "that"..Come one, many is much better than one. Stop being sarcastic and support them more. Geez..

Oh, seriously, quite annoying to open a thread and see "this plugin is for subscribers only". I see there was a sign of hesitation from the staff here to create a new section for each of them so why not:

- A prefix for each thread. [Paid] Title, [Free] Title
This will helps people differentiate paid and free plugins or themes on this forum.

Sorry to be so blunt but I do reserve my rights to voice out my opinion right? take it as a man Smile

Cheers,
Not everyone charges for plugins. Have you looked at the mods site?
(2009-09-17, 04:00 PM)nyunyu Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed that there are some kind of trend here to charge for any single mod. I know that developers uses their time and hard work to develop a mod but isn't it too much charging for every single mod even a simple one?

They don't charge for a single plugin though. It's access to all their plugins. At least I haven't come across one that isn't for only one plugin.
1) MyBB has more (Free) built in features than other free forums.
2) A lot of the paid ones allow you to make money.
3) MyBB is such a high-quality product, it can support a marketplace of free *and* paid plugins.
4) There are many free plugins, almost too many to keep up with.
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-55725.html

Anyways, as said above, $5 for a year access is to ALL of their plugins, not every single one they release.

Secondly, SOME vB products are free, yes and if they're not they are $25-$300 each, not yearly subscription, no access to ALL of the plugins, only one.

So in comparison, you PAY 180$ for vB and if you want GOOD SEO you have to buy vBSEO which is $150 and don't forget your domain!.. $339.69 there and that's just the start. Smile Let's not include hosting.

Or you pay $0 for MyBB and $0 for Google SEO by Frostschutz and $5 for any other site which you will have access to ALL of the plugins for a year, let's not forget the $9.69 a domain might cost without a cupon! $14.69 excluding hosting.
Oh! And coming with vB4 you will have to pay for all your upgrades, so those numbers are just the vB 3.8.x series.
If this turns out anything like the other threads on this then it isn't going to be good, every other thread on this has ended in an argument and people earning themselves warning and/or bannings. Nothing aimed at you specifically nyunyu but I'll close this, I think we need to steer clear or the free/paid debate for now. By now we all know everybody's opinions on it.