MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to use a cms as a homepage and i want to know how to have the homepage be the first thing visitors visit.
Move your forum in a new directory, make sure you change the directory in the mybb settings before doing so.

Then you have the home page "/" where you can upload your cms files.
Either put the CMS in your root directory (main folder like Demonic said), or
re-direct your "domain.com/" to the index page of your CMS.

I sometimes use re-directs temporarily, before deciding what to permanently put in the root.
So, upload the cms files with the MyBB ones or just use a new folder and upload it in the public_html folder?
public_html is the root*:

your-domain.com/
will equal
public_html/index.php (or index.html)

* When aiming for the root, select all the files (on the source side of your FTP) *inside* the "CMS" folder, but leave the extra folder behind.

(2009-09-18, 06:23 AM)JonP Wrote: [ -> ]So, upload the cms files with the MyBB ones or just use a new folder and upload it in the public_html folder?

With FTP, you are probably better off uploading MyBB separately to the sub-folder.
When you upgrade to SSH and putty, then make one big zip file so everything uploads much faster. Smile
ok, i made a folder called "cms" and uploaded all of the cms files in there, i just can't seem to figure out, how to redirect it.
(2009-09-18, 06:36 AM)JonP Wrote: [ -> ]ok, i made a folder called "cms" and uploaded all of the cms files in there, i just can't seem to figure out, how to redirect it.

Do you have cPanel?
cPanel has an icon for redirects which make it really easy.

I've done redirects with .htaccess, but still need to "re-find the code" to remember exactly how.
I did something similar with Zaiendo.de -> forum is in one subcategory (board) and cms in another (cms). My startpage just redirects into the cms folder via Php:
<?php
header("Location: /cms/index.php");
exit();
?>

Maybe this will help you Smile
Thanks, the redirects in the cpanel work great.