MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB and GameServers.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I currently have a subdomain with GameServers.com and I am attempting to install MyBB on it. I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with this?

I've asked the GameServers.com support, but I wanted to know if anyone here has used MyBB with GamesServers.com before.

Thanks.
Is it any different to normal installing...?? [Wiki: Installing] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
Well I can not find the db_mysql.php file to edit, nor do I know exactly where to upload the files.
That's why you read the wiki-installing.
Not sure where it says to edit the db_mysql.php file... as Jon said, the Wiki explains it. If you don't know the specific folder to put the files, we're not going to know either, only your host will. It's usually called public_html or something like that.
I've got this working, almost. It's been a while since I posted because I have been unable to work on this lately. My first post was relatively premature (that's kind of obvious). I'm at the stage of installation where I point MyBB to a MySQL database directory and username and password. I have put all the correct information here, but I still can't connect to the database.

Here's to finding a needle in a haystack, but, does anyone use GameServers that can point me in the right direction?
What's your link?
Do you have a database and password?
Yes. I've set that all up. I have other working databases that I've created with usernames and passwords. The username and password and hostname all check out. But it still does not work.
Double check with your host that you're using the correct details, it'd work if they were all right...
Pages: 1 2