MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Validating Team?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Maybe just maybe we should have a validating team. It would be a good idea. It would stop all the "I waited XX days/weeks/hours talk. Just a suggestion. I would even apply. Since after i finish relearning html/css (I have no many bad habits with it ._.) I am moving to understand PHP more.

Also maybe make that team known so they just can pm a team member, not post thread that will be closed and make people like me post threads like this?
Maybe the SQA team could be given permissions to approve plugins?
I have a feeling we'd just end up in the same boat we're in now.
If the old version of the plugin was still available while a new version is being validated there wouldn't be nearly as much time pressure with validating plugins.
We're working on doing that Smile
Patience isn't really in this crowd is it?
(2009-09-20, 03:37 AM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]Patience isn't really in this crowd is it?

Judging the amount of threads of this kind and that there's even a suggestions about it tells all Toungue
As I've said before. The best way would be to have a valued plugin maker group. If they have 4-5 plugins that are all good they shouldn't have to wait. I don't think anyone would do that much work to just insert an exploit in the next plugin.
(2009-09-20, 04:04 PM)Martin M. Wrote: [ -> ]As I've said before. The best way would be to have a valued plugin maker group. If they have 4-5 plugins that are all good they shouldn't have to wait. I don't think anyone would do that much work to just insert an exploit in the next plugin.

+1
Even if there's an exploit, I'm sure they don't look at the code each plugin. In my opinion the point of the validation is to validate if it's a virus or some kind of malicious program
Pages: 1 2 3