MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED] OOOPS - changed templates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I upgraded from 1.0.8 to 1.4. Then I got stupid and was trying to change some code in the Advanced Portal template section and didn't think it was working so I thought I would start all over and "revert" all the templates back... well, what I didn't realize was that the templates were reverting back to 1.0.8 and now I can't get into the Plugins section of the admin CP.

I was also really tired and realized what I did, but then couldn't remember which templates I changed.... so now I'm stuck.

Should I just revert back to my back up and run the upgrade again or are there 1.4 templates out somewhere I can just upload?

Yes, I know that was very stupid Blush
Did you try "Find Updated Templates" tab menu?
Yep, but it only lists three templates - I'm pretty sure I changed more than three and I don't think it was those three that I changed.
So, you need the xml file for 1.4.8?
Ummm, sure, if you can tell me what to do with it

Here's a screenshot of the errors:
If you're sure the default xml file can solve your problem, here it is.
I'm not sure - that's why I'm posting, here, for help.

Will that solve my errors? What do I do with it?
No, they wouldn't revert to the 1.0.8 version, because you're not on 1.0.8 anymore, it doesn't work like that, that would mean anyone who upgraded from a previous version wouldn't be able to revert templates to the current default because it would always revert to what they were on before, which just wouldn't make any sense.

So, in saying that, I don't think that's what's happened, it's nothing to do with templates. What's happened is you haven't deleted all the old files... the file it mentions, ./admin/global.php, doesn't exist in 1.4.

When upgrading such a massive amount of versions, what I do is delete every file, apart from ./inc/config.php and ./inc/settings.php, and upload all the new files. So, deactivate any plugins you currently have, and do that. Download ./inc/config.php and ./inc/settings.php, delete all files, upload the 1.4.8 package, and then reupload ./inc/config.php and ./inc/settings.php again.
Also, any plugins + themes you have for 1.0.8 will NOT work for 1.4.8.
Thank you Matt ~ I was praying you would see this thread.

Zash ~ I did figure that out right away and updated to a new theme.

All is well... for now, until I screw something else up...

Thanks guys!