MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HELP! Someone hackedc my forum and now the homepage don't work!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Make sure you are using the latest MyBB version.

[Wiki: upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
(2009-09-20, 03:01 PM)destroyer Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you are using the latest MyBB version.

How could he upgrade anyway? I suggest you log into your cPanel and deactivate it in some way.
I don't know how though.
(2009-09-20, 03:01 PM)destroyer Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you are using the latest MyBB version.

I am! Anyway, they keep hacking into my registrar and changing the name hosts to there own host! I kepp changing it back, but then they hack it again.

And they've been useing my CCard! + I know who it is aswell.
Please try and use more descriptive thread titles, we know you need help if you're posting here.

If he's changing FTP passwords that's nothing to do with MyBB, FTP details aren't stored anywhere in MyBB, if those are getting changed, it's to do with the host.
For the last week this guy has been hacking my forums every hour! All it is, is a few PHP errors, but is there a way to stop him from hacking the forum?

If there is, whatever it takes, I'll do it.
I've merged this with your two other threads about being hacked... there's no need to make so many. Did you do what was suggested in the last thread you made??

Can you maybe tell us what these errors are?? Might help in figuring out what they're doing...
Well to fix them I have to re-upload the following:

Index.php
inc/langeges/english/index.lang.php
admin/index.php
admin/modules/home/home_modules_meta.php
admin/modules/home/home_database_meta.php
Or something like that, I can't remember.

Next time I get hacked I'll take some screenshots.
What have you got your files and folders CHMOD to?? Have you changed your FTP passwords as discussed above??
Yes I change my passwords every time I get hacked.
(2009-09-24, 02:54 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What have you got your files and folders CHMOD to??

Have you also checked your server logs to see what they're actually doing??
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5