MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Two Things: 1) Editor, 2) Custom E-Mail Address Domain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello. I am here to pose two questions upon the MyBB community. Please answer the following questions to the best of your ability so I can understand the answer. Thank you.

1) Is the editor here from the default theme? Or is it configured from the default. Is there anyway to get this style of editor (blue, clear, transparent, appears when sending PMs and making threads) on another theme?

2) How do you get a custom e-mail address domain? I need one for my website. (example: [email protected])

If you need anymore information, please, don't hesitate to reply with your query.
1) It's the MS Office 07 style which is in all theme's properties. ACP>Themes & Style>your theme. Then scroll down to the "Edit Theme Properties" box and select "Office 2007" from Editor Style.

2) If you own a domain, that's easy. Login to your cpanel, then somewhere in the menu select Email Accounts and somewhere in that page click "create email" or something like that, then you'll get a configuration page. Select the domain to be used for the email, the email name, password, storage and other stuff. And you're done, then login using your server's mail server or something. Ask your webhost for further explanation.
1. It's the Office 2007 editor that comes with MyBB, you can change the setting for it in the theme settings in the ACP.

2. That's something you setup on your host, they'd be able to give you more precise instructions than us.
Oh I always wondered what that editor looked like. Toungue

Thank you, I can do without the custom e-mail address.
2: You Can set up your email in the c-panel if you own your own domain if not you can buy email custom addresses at most top domain sellers I think NOT SURE that godaddy do it but I know for a fact that domainsite.com the site I use do it
I have another question. When my e-mail ([email protected]) (default by x10hosting company) sends the e-mails, how can I edit it to add extra information in? I would like to say it's in automated e-mail address and to not reply, it will not be received.
google apps

www.google.com/a/

Here you can use Gmail to manage your email. I can help you set it up if you wish.

Here you can create a bunch of different accounts including a [email protected] that you can use for your noreply emails.
You have to pay...
Thats the premium version, when you click sign up theres the standard version which is available free of charge.

Trust me I know, I have like 4 of them.
What's the difference, and how long does it last?
Please PM me how to do it. Smile
Pages: 1 2