MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: new host n new domain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hiee friends... i have registered new domain and new hosting..... so whats my problem is how to put old database to new database in new hosting acount....

thank u all in advance....
(2009-09-20, 04:30 AM)abcd789 Wrote: [ -> ]hiee friends... i have registered new domain and new hosting..... so whats my problem is how to put old database to new database in new hosting acount....

thank u all in advance....

no repliesss...Sad i have uploaded backup of database to new hosting... afer that wt to do.. do i have to install mybb in new hosting too....
(2009-09-20, 04:30 AM)abcd789 Wrote: [ -> ]no repliesss...Sad

You weren't even waiting one and a half hours. People here need to try and be a bit more patient, there are different time zones in this World so a lot of us are asleep when people need help. You also didn't need to PM me about this, I was asleep so not sure what reply you were expecting.

Anyway, this is the process I use.

Edit your board URL setting and cookie settings in the ACP, to what they'll need to be with the new URL.
Download all files from current host and get a database backup.
Upload all files to the new host and install MyBB.
Go into phpMyAdmin, choose your database from the list on the left, drop all the tables, and import your backup.
sir i m extremely sry... bcoz i m working in call center so... i dont know wen u will online dats y... plzzz dont mind sir....any way thank u very much i will do dis.. if any thng i wil ping u sir.. thank u once again....
Quote:Go into phpMyAdmin, choose your database from the list on the left, drop all the tables, and import your backup.

sir here. u said... drop all the tables dat means what.... in cpanel after going to phpmyadmin.... wt to do plzz tel clearly....
Choose your database from the list on the left, you'll see a list of tables, scroll down to the bottom where it says Check All, click that, then from the drop-down menu that currently says 'With Selected:', choose Drop.
(2009-09-20, 10:25 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Choose your database from the list on the left, you'll see a list of tables, scroll down to the bottom where it says Check All, click that, then from the drop-down menu that currently says 'With Selected:', choose Drop.

thank u sir... it was done... but only one problem left sir.... when login to admin cp if i open any thng like imprt theme or some thng.... i m getting this error

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /Mybb/admin/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

i searched in our forum for this.... i have seen ur mesages that... mod_Securty to be off... i asked my hosting person to off that.... he said he dont know that.... u do in your cpanel, he said.... so i have searched google and saw the msg is... in htaccess add this code i.e

<IfModule mod_security.c>
# Turn off mod_security filtering.
SecFilterEngine Off

# The below probably isn't needed, but better safe than sorry.
SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

but already this code is there in my htaccess... this file is in mybb folder.... in my ftp.... this prblem was not there in my old hosting cpanel.... this is my new cpanel.... so plzzz tell wt to do sir....thank u in advance....
That code in the .htaccess doesn't always work. You need to ask your host to whitelist your account from mod_security.
(2009-09-21, 03:20 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]That code in the .htaccess doesn't always work. You need to ask your host to whitelist your account from mod_security.

hie is telling i can do it in my cpanel... but i dont know how to tell... i google it... and also unable to find how to whitelist my account.... if any tutorial plzz telll.. thank u in advance....
I don't think you can do it, it's something they have to do... never heard of anyone else being able to whitelist themselves.
(2009-09-21, 12:56 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think you can do it, it's something they have to do... never heard of anyone else being able to whitelist themselves.

sir if my host person do whitelist..... do my site is secured..... how to secure it.... if any instructions..... if any thing done in the future.... to restore... it... thank u in advance......
If you're asking whether your site will be less secure if mod_security is turned off, you should be fine, I can't remember anyone saying they were hacked because mod_security was whitelisted.
Pages: 1 2