MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SMF > MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey! So, our forum is running on SMF 2.0, and since there's no conversion script for that yet, we were thinking we'd just roll back to a supported version. I know this is probably better to ask on the SMF boards since it's their software, but would that be safe? Would be lose anything?

[Is not really wanting to ask on SMF cause he doesn't think they'll take the "Hey, we want to switch to MyBB, and to do that, we may have to go back to a crapper version of this. Is that safe?" very well]
Umm, I'm sure it's possible but well why not just convert to phpbb3 then to mybb?
It would be much simpler, as NetSage said, to convert your SMF board first to a support software that can be converted then into MyBB...
Smf>PhpBB>MyBB i am doing one right now
You can also try the older 1.2x Mybb converter that should work then upgrade the forums to mybb 1.4x.
(2009-09-24, 03:05 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]You can also try the older 1.2x Mybb converter that should work then upgrade the forums to mybb 1.4x.

1.2x converter plugin worked for smf 2.0?
(2009-09-20, 06:54 PM)xcx Wrote: [ -> ]Hey! So, our forum is running on SMF 2.0, and since there's no conversion script for that yet, we were thinking we'd just roll back to a supported version. I know this is probably better to ask on the SMF boards since it's their software, but would that be safe? Would be lose anything?

[Is not really wanting to ask on SMF cause he doesn't think they'll take the "Hey, we want to switch to MyBB, and to do that, we may have to go back to a crapper version of this. Is that safe?" very well]

[offtopic]
Good to hear someone if changing from SMF! I hate SMF Toungue
[/offtopic]

Labrocca's way would I think be the best way of doing it. Just convert your SMF forum to MyBB 1.2x and the upgrade to 1.4x. I could make a test forum and try that to see if it works. If not I could also try converting to PhpBB3 and then converting to MyBB. I will do that now and let you know the results of both Wink
I don't believe there's a conversion script for SMF 2.0 to MyBB 1.2.x ?
Ahh..so you are right.