MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Date and time on redirect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What would cause the date and time on redirects to be the forum date and time, rather than the date and time of the last post in that thread? I've noticed all my redirects show the forum time and also don't show the name of the last poster. Instead of Last Post: username it just says Last Post: and nothing else. It seems that all the redirects I have are the same.
It isn't the forum date and time, it's the date and time of the last post when the thread was in that forum, same for the last poster, it's the last person who posted when the thread was in the original forum. If yours is saying something else, sounds like something's been changed. Look in this forum, the thread titled 'Moved: Shoutbox does not appears' - last post time is 4:20 PM (that's GMT time, remember), and the last poster is The Dome, because the last post in the thread when it was in this forum was at 4:20 PM by The Dome.
(2009-09-20, 07:33 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It isn't the forum date and time,

Yes it is.

(2009-09-20, 07:33 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If yours is saying something else, sounds like something's been changed.

Yes, but what though?

(2009-09-20, 07:33 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Look in this forum, the thread titled 'Moved: Shoutbox does not appears' - last post time is 4:20 PM (that's GMT time, remember), and the last poster is The Dome, because the last post in the thread when it was in this forum was at 4:20 PM by The Dome.

Before I started this thread, I had already checked this forum and verified that it was working OK here, so I won't need to do that again.
Just for the record, this problem doesn't affect every forum. But I don't know what's different in the forums it does affect.

Since all my forums have the same settings, is it fair to assume that this is going to turn out to be a bug of some kind?
I think if there was a bug on something like this it would have been found by now, you're the only person who's reported it.

Can we have your URL?? What plugins do you have?? Are you using the default redirect feature or moving via a custom mod tool??
Hello Matt Rogowski

One of my moderators fixed the problem. He deleted the redirects, then moved the threads back to their original places, and then moved them again to their new homes, thereby creating new redirects which worked this time.

So it seems that something had gone wrong with the redirects, but you can fix it just by doing them again.

Note: we're using the normal mod tools and the only plugins are "thank you" and "welcome message to new members". Also the problem doesn't happen on all redirects, just a few of them. It seems that for some reason the redirects aren't always created properly, but since you can fix it by doing them again it isn't a big issue.