MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help - I have lost my index page!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really need some quick help!

I was in Admin CP -> Templates & Style -> Templates -> Default Templates -> Index Templates -> Index.

I was trying to edit the text in there to remove an announcement, but the text was greyed out and I couldn't edit.

So I clicked save and continue, and the text all disappeared!!

Now the index of my forum is completely blank! The rest of the pages are fine though.

Where can I find a copy of this text? I recently did a backup (Select All, GZIP Compressed, Download, Structure & Data), from which I got an SQL file about 4MB big? It seemed a bit small, but I was going to look into that shortly.

It seems the Admin CP does not have a restore function, so what can I do. I am very new to this.

If I open the SQL file in notepad can I find the text in it? I had a quick look but there is loads of data, so I need to know what I'm looking for.

Cheers

DoN
Hi,

Sorry, I have managed to by fix the problem by reverting back to the original!

However I would appreciate if someone could tell me the following:

Why could I not edit the template text? The text was grey and when I clicked in the box it would not allow me to do anything.

Why when I do the backup mentioned above, I only get a 4MB file, instead the 100-oddMB file I should get?

Many Thanks
If you are using google chrome, you need to turn off codepress. ACP -> Preferences -> Turn Code Press Off.
Thank you very much, I can now edit the template.

Any idea in regards to the tiny backup I got?
Try backing via cpanel. See if it makes a difference.
Hi,

I am facing the same problem. I tried editing footer.php from admin cp, trying to add adsense. When I clicked save and continue editing, my page was left black. Reverting back is working but no modification is working.

Please help.

Regards
Fixed... Working now.