MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Gaming Boards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Site Name Gaming Boards
Site URL http://www.gaming-boards.net
Description Gaming Boards are the Place to Be! We have forums for you to talk about virtually any gaming system. Old or new! We have an arcade for you to test your skills, with new games added weekly. We have online tournaments whenever you plan them, and Official Tournaments Every Single Month. And Yes we do have prizes. You may ask, what console? All! Wii, PS3, XBOX Live, and we may even do PS2 Broadband! On top of this we have an image gallery for you to post your artwork and screenshots. Visit us today!
(2009-09-21, 05:04 AM)Lyndon Wrote: [ -> ]Site Name Gaming Boards
Site URL http://www.gaming-boards.net
Description Gaming Boards are the Place to Be! We have forums for you to talk about virtually any gaming system. Old or new! We have an arcade for you to test your skills, with new games added weekly. We have online tournaments whenever you plan them, and Official Tournaments Every Single Month. And Yes we do have prizes. You may ask, what console? All! Wii, PS3, XBOX Live, and we may even do PS2 Broadband! On top of this we have an image gallery for you to post your artwork and screenshots. Visit us today!

Eh... Not really liking the theme much Confused
I am a Co-Admin on the site and helped with the site. I think it is a Great site. It has anything and soon we will be adding our own Cheat Archive. Prizes include the Forum Currency, Money (PayPal Account Required), and Items!

We are also looking for some Staff Members for the site, If you are Interested please PM me on the site (Dark Rose is My Username)I hope you join and help make our community active!
Once again...your a general gaming forum that has a lot of sections...but six members.

I'm not a fan of the theme its just really unnecessarily red, and seems sloopily constructed, same goes for the header.

IMHO you need to fine a niche, something that sets your board apart from others, and improve on what I stated above.

Good luck with your site.
The site just went live last night....I didnt expect it to be flooded with 100 people in that time.

Also I'm aware that alot of people have an issue with the theme. I honestly don't find much wrong with it. It's simple but Nice in my opinion.
(2009-09-21, 10:03 PM)Lyndon Wrote: [ -> ]The site just went live last night....I didnt expect it to be flooded with 100 people in that time.

Also I'm aware that alot of people have an issue with the theme. I honestly don't find much wrong with it. It's simple but Nice in my opinion.

Then lower the category amount until it does get members.

And the theme burns my eyes
Theme = Bleh. The red container completely distracts the reader from everything. Also, did you design the header for a 2000px wide monitor? o.O Use a smaller image, yo.
OMG!
* combus starts running!

You used even more tables! even for the logo and header??
Sorry, but I hate tables (the html element) Toungue

Well, I gave you my advice/opinion about this theme before (and some others did), but you didn't change it at all.

Also, I get lost easily on the site. Too many categories and forums, each with a big icon on the side, and each status icon is yet another icon. There's also a sidebar (filled with text) on the right of the last post column (which contains the bigger amount of text of the rest of the forumbit columns). And the colors does not help.
Logo is 1222 px wide.
We placed the header in a Table So that we could put the Navagation Ontop of the Logo.
We plan on using the Tabs Plugin but it hasn't been working.
Ok I've changed the container to purple. What are your thoughts on that? Would it be better to go towards a theme with these colors? I think leaving the red in the tcat is a nice touch with the purple?

I've also removed the header table and placed the navigation into a side box. The logo will be a bit choppy as i fixed it to fit and so the outsides sorta blended. My GFX person will fix this tommorow.
Pages: 1 2